Friday, October 24, 2008

I Miss My Cousin!


So, yesterday was my late cousin's birthday. Sh*t, I miss that girl soooo much. She was my #1 Partner in Crime! That's how we referred to each other all the time. She was a crazy scorpio and damn proud of it! She taught me so much when we were growing up, even though I was older. She taught me how to be fly, how to stand up for myself, how to let the haters hate but be strong about it. She was dope! She is still one of the dopest, freshest people I have ever known. Sadly, she passed away in the north tower of the World Trade Center on 9/11. It was one of the most heart-breaking experiences of my entire life. I hadn't talked to her in awhile because I was trying to get through the hurt and pain of losing one of my older cousins that June. I just didn't have it in me to talk about what was going on in my life at that time, so I didn't call her. I know she was mad at me. She thought I didn't care. She had just had her son. She was beaming about being a mother. She was doing well in life and in her career and relationship. She was happy. I waited. Then, it was too late. No more could I hear her voice. No more could I see her face. No more could I go spend the night at her crib, watch movies, listen to music, talk sh*t and just walk through our hood and sh*t on everyone along with her. She was gone. I miss her like crazy and I love her so much. We used to do everything together as kids, before I moved to Cali and, even after, when I'd go back to NY to visit. She was like a sister to me. Its hard to believe she's been gone for 7 years. 7 years?! WTF?! Still, the USA is involved in this war. We're still in the sh*ts. We still have not captured the person responsible for the loss of so many precious lives, such as hers. A couple of my family members escaped with there lives that day and I thank God every chance that I get that I still have them. Jackie, you are terribly missed. I love you! My #1 Parnter in Crime forever.
R.I.P. Jacqueline Patrice Sanchez 10.23.1977-9.11.2001

1 comment:

  1. Its funny how I remember jackie like it was yesterday I was just a young girl when she walked the streets of ny 152nd street she and my brother is months apart n when I found out how close to home the terrorist attack was every year I get sad I have published a poem called 911 I remember when I called erica and read it to her we cried n I couldn't even finish reading it luv u cuzo n miss u

    ReplyDelete