Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Back B*tchez!


I'm back in effect, like Al B. Sure! Back behind this desk. Back with a vengeance! Everyone here at my job says I looked too refreshed to be here! I think that's funny. I was off for 10 whole days and I feel amazing! I celebrated my birthday over the long Labor Day weekend and continued on into the week. It just felt like it should never end. Everyday should be my birthday. That's what I say. It all started last Friday, Aug 28th. My boss felt pity on me and sent me home early due to my illness. I took my 5 day med prescription. I recovered just in time to be able to wild out at my own party! I finally got the chance to rock my black 80's vintage leather dress that I came up on at The Goodwill (check the pic), some really dope ass champagne colored heels and big 80's waves in my hair!!! I channelled my inner "80's Judy", (that's my Mom). I thought "WWJW" (What would Judy wear)? When I was a little girl I'd watch my Mom get ready to go out, wishing I could go to all the places she'd go to have fun. She had such a fresh style. Alas, I was def too young to wear any of that stuff, let alone go anywear in it. All that to say, I felt like my Mom that night. My 80's Mom, that is. I looked and felt amazing! Only thing was, that before I got there people were blowing me up and telling me that they were having a hard time getting in. WTF!? I pulled up and many of my guests were on standby in the damn line (while the Geisha House fronted like they were some type of Studio 54 or something). Mind you, I coordinated with the promotor, gave him my list of guests, and did all the things required to make sure my party went off without a hitch. Check this out, though. They even fronted on ME at the door! (Rude bouncers and snobby door girls). I had a hard time locating the promotor and when he finally showed his face, he couldn't be of much service. He couldn't get my girls in, he wanted them all to pay??! After I cursed more than I wanted to that night, he let me and my core group of homegirls in, FREE, and, after I damn near cried because I had to abandon some of my other guests, we proceeded to the bar. I got free drinks all night. I had a blast (not counting the drama at the door), more of my people got in. We danced, sang, drank and were merry! That was the jump off point. For the rest of the week I vowed to be as irresponsible as the good Lord would allow. Boy did I succeed. I didn't write, blog, check emails, nothing! Someone took me out to eat damn near everyday that week (sometimes twice!). There were bbqs, big bottles of Vodka, shows that I rocked, some shopping, some swimming and tanning, some drunk beaching, some guy hunting, some club hopping, some dining at 4 in the morn, some loud music playing, some late sleeping, and lots o' tree burning. I saw people that I love that I haven't seen in a long time. I met some great new people. I received a few roses here and there. And with all of that I only had 1 hangover! Success! And get this; those that couldn't hang with me last week, want to make it up to me this week and I didn't even have to lay on the "You missed my birthday" guilt! I love feeling special. I am spoiled. I am a princess. I am special. Thanks to all that made me this way! I love you all! Now back to our regularly scheduled program...work. Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment