Monday, April 13, 2009

Witness the Rematch! Mis.Led! VS Kandi Cole!


This Thurday, April 16, 2009, come witness the rematch of the year! For those of you who were under a rock on October 13, 2007, that was the day I was invited to rock at a little event called "Sound Clash". It was a song for song competition between some really vicious emcees, including, Lyraflip, Sahtyre, Tiron, Kandi Cole, Chief Icono, Hardware and Alpha MC. We went round for round, pound for pound, etc. I was virtually unknown to the regulars who frequent these types of events, i.e., the Project Blowed generations, but was invited to participate by John Boo Boo, himself, KAIL (check for his new project, "B&EP"). A lot of great things spawned from this event...thanks, KAIL. I ended up coming in second to Tiron. It was a hype night.
In the midst of things, they threw me for a loop when the scheduled to appear, Chris CP Phillips, could not make it. They put Kandi Cole on in his place and, of course, she ripped it. This was the first night I met Kandi; not to mention some of my, now, (Sis)tem crew members, and the many talented and legendary emcees I am cool with now. We went head to head and, even though I took the round, the audience couldn't resist putting our toughest 16's to the test to really pick a true winner. I did wind up winning that round, but Kandi and I have been cool ever since, with nothing but respect and love for one another. Well, the good folks at Project Blowed have decided that its time for another go 'round and so was born, "Sound Clash from a Female's Perspective...The Rematch" (shots out to my (Sis)ta, DVS-1).
We've got some very talented female emcees going head to head that night, including, but not limited to, Raven Sorovina, Madam Brown, Vision, B Mac, Haziiwun, Mack Mistress and Pooka Duke. Now, for the Main Event....In this corner....Queen Kandi Cole, who is making mad noise with her new album, "Happy Birthday, Kandi Cole" (now available on iTunes), and in that corner... (lol), Mis.Led! (new single, "Hateful Girls" available globally; check iTunes). This shit is gonna be BONKERS! If you were not present for the first one, you MUST attend the rematch! If you were in attendance for the first one, I know you won't miss this shit! She is my (Sis)ta now, and a little friendly competition never hurt nobody! It's soooo on! Be apart of the madness, if you dare. Dare you? Info below. Duece.
The Legendary Project Blowed
4343 Leimert Blvd
(f)Los Angeles 90008
10pm-12am $5
All Ages Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment